The Hired Guns are seeking an e-commerce product leader to be the new Director, Product Management, Account and Identity for a massive retailer. If you love creating experience-centric, personalized solutions based on customer data, this is the job for you. (Relocation package available.)
The Nitty Gritty
The backstory on the organization and why they need to hire you!
Our client is a household name in retail that’s positioned to leap into the top rank of e-commerce by assembling a best-in-class product innovation team. When you think about it, it’s the personalization, the awareness of who you are when you visit a site, that makes e-commerce e-commerce. So they’re putting huge emphasis on the account and identity components of the experience.
For the role of Director of Product Management for Account and Identity, they need a product management leader to oversee the ways in which user engagement and input lead to a more deeply personalized experience for the shopper at every step of their journey. This involves the management of a huge data stream and molding it into rich user profiles — and that’s just the beginning. The real innovation will come from creative omnichannel features that utilize every customer data point, from buying patterns to shipping addresses.
What success looks like in your first year…
- Orient/Ideate: Jump into your role by overseeing existing operations and product plans as you familiarize yourself with the cadence and culture of the organization and dream up a roadmap of your own.
- Build: Create a team of product tacticians who will help you carry out your vision.
- Innovate: Use your understanding of the product and problem set to spec out your own vision of how to craft streamlined and personalized experiences for the shopper.
How you’ll know if you’re a fit…
You’re a seasoned product-management team leader with deep identity experience, including emerging technologies like biometrics and password-less login. You have a clear ability to articulate the value of account and identity opportunities in the space, including monetization, as well as expertise in post-transaction communications and site priorities.
Because this is a retail company, much of the innovation will revolve around the purchasing and receiving of “stuff,” so it’s a big plus if you have experience with e-commerce in physical consumer products.
Personalization of the customer experience in e-commerce is a hugely data-driven undertaking, so you get more bonus points if you bring deep expertise on customer data collection, management, and analysis in an e-commerce setting.
Tell Me About a Time When …
The interview questions you need to rock to score a “swipe right”…
- What is your proudest achievement in e-commerce innovation? What problem were you trying to solve, and how did you use customer data to solve it? How did you set KPIs for your solution, and what were the results?
- Have you built a team before? What were some of the biggest challenges during that process, and how did you overcome them? Describe your thinking in terms of how you would build a team for this role.
- Predict the future. What do you think will be the next major evolution within account and identity? How do you stay up to date on trends within the industry, and how have you acted as a thought leader to keep your organization at the forefront of innovation?
The Inside Skinny
Why you should quit your job right now and join this organization!
This organization is already a top-ten e-commerce player, but they are dead-set on grabbing the number-one spot, and they have the resources to make that happen. A huge part of getting there is going to be offering the very best customer experience hitched to the leading technologies, and the Access and Identity piece is a critical juncture where it’s essential to get it right. Luckily, you’re riding to the rescue with leading-edge solutions that will cement the company, and you, as best-in-breed!
The Hired Guns does not and will not discriminate in considering and referring candidates for employment, or in its treatment or advancement of its employees, and will not tolerate harassment, on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.