The Hired Guns need a Product Visionary to find the white space for a major redesign of a top TV brand’s website from soup to nuts including total social media re-engineering. You’ll be joining a freelance Dream Team made up entirely of Hired Guns.
With this endeavor, you’ll be in on the creation of a digital property that’s built expressly for the engaged TV show fan, where the social conversation and fan acknowledgment become a point of differentiation in an increasingly commoditized world of Hulu, XfinityTV, TV Guide and TV Everywhere. Better still … it’s uber-urgent, demands a complete rethink and has the company brass behind it. Oh, and it starts almost immediately! What we need to know is, do you have capacity on the grid?
Here’s what the client hopes to achieve with their very own Dream Team of Guns:
- Social conversation and engagement that are as important a part of the show site experience as the content itself. It’s an experience that harnesses and makes sense of massive and fleeting web chatter around the shows, using sentiment analysis/interpretation, tapping into users’ social graphs, etc.
- Engage site visitors in creative ways that motivate them to comment, share, and make social gestures that provide them with social currency.
- Acknowledge passionate fans in fun, easy, light-touch ways.
- Real-time and prime-time network tune-in support that integrates social conversation/buzz.
- A scalable infrastructure that can pave the way to potential future build-outs of an assortment of content around passion points — food, fashion, design, pop culture, and beauty — including show content, interactive experiences, and original content.
- Smart, clever interaction design that is not only elegant and delightful to the show fan, but also entirely useful and utility-driven.
Here’s what success will look like when the new site launches:
- Increased monetization of short-form and full-episode video streams
- Higher consumption from regular users, e.g. more streams, PVs per session
- Development of social-based ideas around shows that reach across devices and platforms in meaningful (and sponsorable!) ways
- More referrals via social media by integrating social activity on the site
- Increased reach (monthly uniques)
- Expanded social media following and email newsletter base
So now that you know the big picture of what we’re aiming for, tell us how you fit into the picture and what you bring to the party that will make this project a winner! In your pitch let us know how soon you’re available, and can you freelance on-site or would you prefer to moonlight by lending your cerebrum to a brainstorming session.
Our client wants to use this endeavor to pivot to an Agile product-focused organization, so highlight any Agile experience you have.
It’s a very start-up feel within a giant media organization. The CMS is Drupal, and staying that way. If you’ve had experience with Drupal, dial it up. The audience engagement is off the charts … nearly 30% of the unique visitors come to the site at least once a day, and they drive 60% of page views. If you want a project where the growth story is going to be dramatic and tied directly to your ideas and innovations, this is it.
If you love NYMag.com for the Anticipation Index, its use of typography and its clean elegant layout, TED.com for its filtering interface, Hulu.com for its gold-standard video experience, DailyBeast.com for the Cheat Sheet, and Etsy.com for their “ways to shop” section … well then, we’ve got your Cheesy Blaster of a gig.