The Hired Guns are seeking an accomplished UX Designer to champion a best-in-class user experience for a billion-dollar-and-growing eyewear company that sits at the nexus of healthcare and retail (yes, think the next Warby Parker). Note, this is a contract role lasting about four months, but with a possibility of full-time hire if you are successful (which, obviously, you will be).
Pay range: $75 to $90 per hour
- Step up to a high-impact, high-visibility (and fully remote) role. This company has 1,200 stores and is about to launch a massive e-commerce initiative. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds. Trust us, you want to get in the door … like, now!
- While this is a contract role, there is an opportunity to show them what a rockstar you are and get hired full-time
- You’ll get to work with a super-smart and lean team to bring top-notch design to a booming e-commerce business (and you’ll be the thought leader and UX subject matter expert on the team)
The Nitty Gritty
The backstory on the company and why they need to hire you!
A rapidly growing, female-led retail eyewear brand (hint: they’re poised to take on Warby Parker in 2024—yes, you read that right, even without your glasses) recently reached $1 billion in annual revenue and is now searching for a seriously talented UX Designer to join them. In this role you will:
- Own user experience across all digital properties and support a frictionless and brand-building experience for their patients all across the US
- Champion site design standards and guidelines ensuring consistency across several web platforms
- Be responsible for wireframe and UX requirements development for new site features
- Work closely with internal and external IT teams to communicate requirements and review / approve completed site elements
- Manage A/B tests to increase conversion rate and gather insight on the best approaches from a user perspective
- Develop approaches to gather user feedback, from enhanced use of site analytics to digital surveys and usability research
- Engage with a broad range of colleagues to deeply understand the overall patient experience and embrace opportunities to address challenges in the digital space
How you’ll know if you’re a fit…
To do this job right, you must have 5+ years of user research experience. You know how to work on a number of digital properties at once and flesh out a cohesive e-commerce experience (among the high-priority projects is designing the patient portal to future-proof the business and delight users). You must have experience designing complicated user journeys in regulated industries. If you have experience in healthtech or fintech, that would be awesome.
Here are the non-negotiables for this job:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Possess a high level of fluency in wireframing, be very comfortable driving detailed UX guidelines, and collaborate well with teams working in different systems
- Have a high level of technical acumen; you can find a balance between technical feasibility and UX outcomes
- Be broadly curious about all aspects of business and user experience and consistently monitor for opportunities to improve
- Be creative and collaborative
- Be hands-on, entrepreneurial, and future-facing. You can find leapfrog moments while also working pragmatically with existing systems
The Inside Skinny
Why you should quit your job right now and join this team!
This female-founder-led, private-equity-funded company is growing at a rapid clip, and you’ll be on the ground floor owning UX design and strategy for all their digital properties. You’ll have high impact and high visibility from Day One at this mission-driven company. Ready to grow in 2024? Apply now!
The Hired Guns does not and will not discriminate in considering and referring candidates for employment, or in its treatment or advancement of its employees, and will not tolerate harassment, on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.