The Hired Guns are seeking a Director, Product Management, Checkout to manage, optimize and innovate the checkout experience for a massive on- and offline retailer. If you’re an imaginative yet process-oriented e-commerce leader who’s obsessed with creating a safe, seamless purchasing journey, this is the job for you. (Relocation package available.)
The Nitty Gritty
The backstory on the organization and why they need to hire you!
Our client is investing in a complete re-envisioning of its sales platforms so they’ll run lighter, tighter, faster, and further. Their big plans demand a product leader who can effectively maintain and innovate the customer transaction journey end-to-end, from account creation to cart to checkout, on web, mobile web, and app. To do this, they are building a new product team, to focus solely on the bottom-of-the-funnel experience.
They need a Director of Product who can oversee the entire checkout experience, on the front end and back end, someone who has a combined knowledge of user experience and financial technology, who can maintain the balance between a frictionless user journey and the utmost in transactional compliance and security.
What success looks like in your first year…
- Orient/Ideate: Jump in to your role by overseeing existing operations and product roadmap as you familiarize yourself with the cadence and culture of the organization and dream up a roadmap of your own.
- Build: Create a team of product tacticians who will help you carry out your vision.
- Innovate: Use your understanding of the products and problem set to lead your newly-built team in creating a roadmap that elevates the customer’s e-commerce experience.
How you’ll know if you’re a fit…
This is a role that demands a combination of user empathy and experience with financial technology. You’ll know you’re a fit if you’ve spent real time on envisioning the end-to-end checkout experience from all angles: user experience, order fulfillment and the financial transaction.
You’re an enthusiastic leader who has hired and mentored product managers and overseen multiple development teams. You know how to make strategic decisions about team organization to get the job done.
You’ll definitely have an edge if you’ve got retail experience and are familiar with the conversion funnel both in- and out-of-store. If you’ve specifically innovated around checkout as it relates to the omnichannel experience, we want to hear all about it!
Tell Me About a Time When …
The interview questions you need to rock to score a “swipe right”…
- What is your proudest achievement around e-commerce innovation, especially around the checkout experience? What problems were you trying to solve, and how did you use customer data to dream up a solution? How did you set KPIs for that solution, and what were the results?
- Have you built a team before? What were some of your biggest challenges during that process, and how did you overcome them? Describe how you would build a team for this role.
- Predict the future. What do you think will be the next major evolution within checkout technology? How do you stay up to date on trends within the industry, and how have you acted as a thought leader to keep your organization at the forefront of innovation?
The Inside Skinny
Why you should quit your job right now and join this organization!
This organization is already a top-ten ecommerce player, but they are dead-set on grabbing the number-one spot, and they have the resources to make that happen. A huge part of getting there is going to be offering the very best customer experience hitched to the leading technologies, and you’re just the person to build the top checkout experience ever!
The Hired Guns does not and will not discriminate in considering and referring candidates for employment, or in its treatment or advancement of its employees, and will not tolerate harassment, on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.