The Hired Guns are seeking a Director, Product Management, Payments for a giant in the fashion-retail e-commerce space. If you’re a thought leader in emerging payments who’s worked with a massive retailer or e-commerce player, click apply right now! (Relocation package available.)
The Nitty Gritty
The backstory on the organization and why they need to hire you!
Our client is investing in a complete re-envisioning of its sales platforms so they’ll run lighter, tighter, faster, and further. Their big plans demand a payments product leader who can effectively maintain and innovate the vital payments component of the customer transaction journey on web, mobile web, and app. To do this, they are building a new product team that will focus solely on the bottom-of-the-funnel experience.
They need a Director of Product who can oversee the entire payments process, on the front-end and back-end, someone with a combination of user empathy and financial technology who can maintain the balance between a frictionless bottom-funnel customer experience and the nuts and bolts of transactional compliance and security.
What success looks like in your first year…
- Orient/Ideate: Jump in to your role by overseeing existing operations and product plans as you familiarize yourself with the cadence and culture of the organization and dream up a roadmap of your own.
- Build: Create a team of product tacticians who will help you carry out your vision.
- Innovate: Use your understanding of the product and problem set to spec out the evolution of the payments process.
How you’ll know if you’re a fit…
You need to be a rare hybrid of user experience genius and financial technology guru to nail it in this role. If you have a significant pedigree in e-commerce product management that includes three-plus years of payments experience, a deep understanding of how payments work (both credit card and alternative payment methods) and a lens on the future of payments, you’re a fit.
Tell Me About a Time When …
The interview questions you need to rock to score a “swipe right”…
- What is your proudest achievement in e-commerce innovation, specifically regarding payments technology? What problem were you trying to solve and how did you use financial technology to solve it? How did you set KPIs for your solution, and what were the results?
- Have you built a team before? What were some of the biggest challenges during that process and how did you overcome them? Describe your thinking in terms of how you would build a team for this role.
- Predict the future. What do you think will be the next major evolution within payments technology? How do you stay up to date on trends within the industry, and how have you acted as a thought leader to keep your organization at the forefront of innovation?
The Inside Skinny
Why you should quit your job right now and join this organization!
This organization is already a top-ten e-commerce player, but they are dead-set on grabbing the number-one spot, and they have the resources to make that happen. A huge part of getting there is going to be offering the very best customer experience hitched to the leading technologies. With your skill set and experience, you’re just the person to make the all-important payments side best-in-breed!
The Hired Guns does not and will not discriminate in considering and referring candidates for employment, or in its treatment or advancement of its employees, and will not tolerate harassment, on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.