The Hired Guns are seeking a Manager, Business Intelligence and Analytics for a major publishing data hub that seeks the best-performing content across multiple KPIs.
The Nitty Gritty
The backstory on the organization and why they need to hire you!
Are you the Manager, Business Intelligence and Analytics who can stride into the current content analytics practice with both technical and business expertise? Because you’ll need ambidexterity as you advise the newsroom and marketing teams on what content best resonates with subscribers, helping them find common goals amid separate interests.
Speaking of, you’ll also spearhead the advertising side’s predictive modeling, so that spending, budgeting, and forecasted returns all line up with your new content roadmap. Overall, you’ll be pushing the analytics practice to cover a broader swath of the company even as you build it up to be more sophisticated.
What success looks like in your first year…
- Using content analytics, guide newsroom and marketing along parallel paths towards a soaring subscription increase.
- Create a more sophisticated predictive script to drive insights for paid media spend and budgeting, thereby streamlining advertising spend.
- Identify new opportunities for data-driven decision-making as part of a larger, holistic understanding of the business.
How you’ll know if you’re a fit…
You’re a well-balanced data science pro with excellent expertise in Python, Tableau, and SQL for data visualization with one big eye on business optimization. Your skills are in high demand everywhere you look, but you’ve stuck with a couple of employers for most of your career. It would take a lot to make you bring your loyalty to a new employer (which is why this place is offering to boost your personal stats across all attributes).
You thrive in a fast-paced environment where daily duties rotate, so you’re never stuck in a single crease. You can summarize your career as: loyalty, longevity, layman-level clarity. Your considerable communication ability lets you argue for the best moves advised by the data to stakeholders in other departments. Put simply: you show them how it benefits the company and themselves.
You might have held a different title for the same work, some quantum annealing of “Senior Manager Data Business Intelligence Scientist Analyst,” and you’ve worked in media companies before, or perhaps e-commerce. (Digital agencies are cool, too.)
Tell Me About a Time When …
The interview questions you need to rock to score a “swipe right”…
- Describe your technical proficiency with Python, and how you use it to bring valuable insights to your organization.
- How do you communicate insights to stakeholders so that they understand unfamiliar processes and their internal importance?
- Do you have experience with a diversified analytics portfolio that services different parts of the business?
The Inside Skinny
Why you should quit your job right now and join this organization!
They don’t get much bigger than this media titan, and you’re in the center of all their big initiatives. The perfect gig for a mad data scientist who wants to evolve a mammoth into a new form for a prosperous future.
The Hired Guns does not and will not discriminate in considering and referring candidates for employment, or in its treatment or advancement of its employees, and will not tolerate harassment, on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.