An E-Commerce Company specializing in healthy snack foods is on a serious rocketship, with plans to to grow 3-5x in the next two years. They need a truly entrepreneurial Pricing Manager to come in and build out the function, including all of the analysis that will underpin your master plan.
Salary range: $85,000 to $120,000 per year
Are you ready to become the Pricing Manager that we’ve been looking for?
We’re looking for a quant-forward Pricing Manager who is already doing the job, or a Senior Pricing Analyst who is ready for a promotion. In either case, you must be highly analytical, confident and have a whole lotta hustle.
Ideally, you will also have at least some experience modernizing the pricing function at another high-SKU e-commerce company. This playbook will come in handy because you’ll face similar challenges as you’ll be directly responsible for crafting the strategy, working with key stakeholders in the C-Suite as well as merchants, category managers and marketers. If you see yourself as purely a strategist, look elsewhere: Navel-gazing is most definitely not a thing at this fast-growing company. So, while you’re revamping the pricing function, you’ll also be serving as the lead pricing analyst as you get your hands dirty driving analytics, extracting and modeling large data sets, interpreting their meaning and presenting insights and recommendations as well as building dashboards.
The Tech you need to show up packing:
- Required: high level of proficiency with SQL
- Required: advanced Excel (you can do pivot tables in your sleep)
- Required: Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Required: Tableau or Looker
- Desired: programming capability in a language such as R or Python
Why you should quit your job and join the company:
- This role is being custom-made for you. Seriously, you’ll be the first one to own it, and therefore it’s quite special in that regard.
- This company values the pricing function and is investing, so your efforts will have a major impact on company performance and profitability.
- You’ll own drive pricing analytics and your insights across merchandising, inventory performance and marketing.
- This role has high visibility to leadership and your key stakeholders. The company works collaboratively too.
- They are truly Hybrid: while they have a gorgeous office with a killer view, you only have to look out those giant windows 2 days a week
How to land the role:
You’ll definitely make the short list if you demonstrate that you’re a high EQ professional who not only can synthesize data and extract meaningful insights but also can get leadership excited to buy in.
The Inside Skinny
The head of Business Intelligence – aka your future boss – really wants someone who is highly intuitive and solutions-oriented. Because this is an e-commerce company, experience with consumer-oriented (B2C) pricing strategies is essential (of course, B2B pricing experience would be a plus). You must have a hunch for what price will get consumers to bite at a profitable level.
The Hired Guns does not and will not discriminate in considering and referring candidates for employment, or in its treatment or advancement of its employees, and will not tolerate harassment, on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.