The Hired Guns are seeking an Associate Director of Integrated Marketing who’s a real pre-sale maven and ad solutions genius to join a Sports Publisher with multiple top brands. To land this role, you have to be an unbelievable storyteller with a track record for thrilling and engaging premium advertisers to buy into your creative solutions—from CPG and fashion to automotive.
Salary range: $100,000 to $130,000 per year
The Nitty Gritty
The backstory on the company and why they need to hire you!
As Associate Director of Integrated Marketing at this sports-focused publisher, you will be a leader in ideation and an expert in positioning value proposition to key clients. From an activation standpoint, you will oversee select campaigns—ranging from media to custom content to experiential—with some of the company’s most notable and valued brand partners, ensuring white-glove service throughout.
To land this role you must:
- Already be mid-level and working in integrated marketing, sales development, ad solutions, or sales solutioning
- Have a demonstrable passion for sports and experience working at a sports publisher, a major league sports team, a pop-culture-forward digital property, or a men’s site
- Are comfortable working elbow-to-elbow with your partners in sales—dreaming up big ideas, crafting proposals, and helping to deliver the client pitches
- Be absolutely cool with being a high-value individual contributor. There are no direct reports, but in exchange you’ll get full ownership of your work (note: your future boss is no micro-manager). Once you’ve been trained up and can show that you can deliver without hand-holding, you’ll be off to the races with incredible agency.
- Be able to respond to RFPs with imagination and speed
- Have corporate EQ and have zero qualms about working for the client’s agenda in order to generate the best marketing ideas. This includes everything from leading brainstorming meetings to getting colleagues to consensus. You’re smart enough to know when to pivot a conversation both internally with various stakeholders and externally with clients (the ad agency and the brand stakeholder/manager).
- KILLER PROJECT MANAGEMENT CHOPS. You are a force of nature and people will bend to your will.
- Present your ideas with sales on Zoom and in person. If you’re not 100% brilliant at presenting, you shouldn’t apply for this role.
How you’ll know if you’re a fit…
You are fun, creative, outgoing, and have a “buck stops with me” attitude. It’s a given that you live and breathe sports: you can speak to the tentpole activations and events that you’ve transformed or dreamed up. You have deep storytelling skills and you’re a brilliantly skilled writer. You’re also wonderfully skilled at presenting your ideas to clients. You have deep experience working with advertisers both big and small. And your special sauce is making them love your ideas so much that they re-up for the next year before the salesperson even asks. You’re self-directed enough that you can take an RFP from start to finish and run with it. You’re ok having no direct reports and being a high-value individual contributor.
If you’re sitting on the consumer marketing or subscription marketing side of publishing, this role won’t be a good fit for you: this company really wants that advertiser focus.
The Inside Skinny
Why you should quit your job right now and join this team!
The first interview will be with your boss and her boss. Straight to the top. After that you’ll be given a mock RFP to develop a proposal around and if they love it, you’ll be invited to present to the marketing team and sales.
The Hired Guns does not and will not discriminate in considering and referring candidates for employment, or in its treatment or advancement of its employees, and will not tolerate harassment, on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.