The Hired Guns are seeking a Category Manager focused on Apparel to drive overall product and assortment strategy and own vendor relationships at the nation’s leading public safety apparel and equipment company.
Salary range: $80,000 to $120,000 per year
- Build out an entire merchandising category just the way you want
- Churn out immense, measurable, braggable results in a short amount of time at a highly profitable business
- Access growth opportunities that will lead to a long and lucrative career
The Nitty Gritty
The backstory on the company and why they need to hire you!
The nation’s largest distributor of professional public safety equipment and apparel needs an Apparel Category Manager to deliver successful results as measured by sales, gross profit, margin rate, GMROI and other key metrics. In this role, you will serve as the accountable owner of their footwear product category, responsible for establishing strategies that will deliver performance through all sales channels. You will develop relevant, profitable product assortments, nurture vendor relationships, and contribute to holistic business productivity. Cross-functional collaboration with internal stakeholders and operational execution will be key. Plus, you will lead a team of merchandisers under you to success.
How you’ll know if you’re a fit…
It goes without saying that the right candidate has a natural and fanatical curiosity around product.
To do this job right you must:
- Be comfortable owning and negotiating vendor relationships and maximizing SKU optimization
- Be adept at managing P&L or Open to Buy, with experience managing $50-$70 million P&Ls
- Have keen business acumen and experience managing merchandising metrics
- Possess previous experience in apparel – omnichannel, brick & mortar, and/or e-commerce experience (knowledge of public safety, military, law enforcement or workwear industry preferred)
- Be highly proficient/advanced in Excel and have experience utilizing data-mining tools such as Tableau, Qlik, or PowerBI
The Inside Skinny
Why you should quit your job right now and join this team!
Land this job and access a career-changing opportunity. Build out a merchandising department and team below you in just the way that you want. Plus, you’ll work with incredible colleagues who will help you become a better leader and help you run a highly profitable business. What are you waiting for? We want to hear from you today.
The Hired Guns does not and will not discriminate in considering and referring candidates for employment, or in its treatment or advancement of its employees, and will not tolerate harassment, on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.