The Hired Guns are seeking a Global Head of Social Media with at least a decade of experience to help a fast-growing advertising company with offices around the world navigate the tides of organic social and influencer marketing.
The Nitty Gritty
The backstory on the organization and why they need to hire you!
This organization needs a visionary leader who can build a culture around social media and influencer innovation. This is a job for a savvy diplomat who can charm clients, wow social platform partners, lead a crack social media team, and collaborate with stakeholders from related departments. You will play a key role in new business pitches, where you’ll excite prospective clients by offering social solutions that are data-driven, experimental and paradigm-shifting.
What success looks like in your first year…
- Get the lay of the land: take stock of the business, the creative work, and the team, then figure out a strategic vision with a revenue goal (ideally doubling current business).
- Partner with client teams to understand what opportunities exist and implement your strategic vision through the execution of new campaigns.
- Craft the agency’s unique value proposition in social media based on the success of your campaigns, then roll it out to win new clients.
How you’ll know if you’re a fit…
You’re a branding expert who can maneuver seamlessly across different forms of content from traditional social to emerging platforms, using them to push the envelope of social audience acquisition. You know how to leverage massive amounts of data to create social campaigns that capture the zeitgeist and delight and engage at a global level. You’ve had success with marketing global brands via social media, transforming creative ideas into successful campaigns that deliver results: engagement, growth, brand sentiment, credibility, and innovation. You have a real passion for mentorship and teambuilding, you lead by example, and you love to get your hands dirty.
Tell Me About a Time When …
The interview questions you need to rock to score a “swipe right”…
- Tell us about a campaign you’re particularly proud of: how did you bring the brand to life through social?
- Describe how you use data in your practice. Tell us about a time you used data in a creative way to develop a blockbuster execution.
- Describe your ability to diversify outreach. Where do you draw the line between media strategy and creative strategy, and how do you meld the two to create a great campaign?
The Inside Skinny
Why you should quit your job right now and join this organization!
You’ve got a successful track record of strategic innovation, but your ideas are maybe just a little (or a lot) bigger than your current shop can handle. Congratulations: you’ve just found the global-scale opportunity you’ve been looking for!
The Hired Guns does not and will not discriminate in considering and referring candidates for employment, or in its treatment or advancement of its employees, and will not tolerate harassment, on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.