The Hired Guns are seeking a self-directed and ambitious dealmaker to be the first Manager, Commerce and Partnerships at a digital-first international publisher. Reporting to the CRO, your role will be to grow affiliate and business-development relationships with this media player’s enthusiast brands.
Salary range: $65,000 to $85,000 per year, plus commission
We need a self-motivated individual who knows the ropes around making affiliate deals. You have earned your stripes as a BD Associate or similar role at a publisher and are itching for more responsibility and a more entrepreneurial culture.
- The center of gravity for this publisher resides in deriving revenue from their affiliate and commerce deals. That means your job will be both high visibility and high impact.
- Mentorship! You’ll be coached by a highly successful (and compassionate) boss – all while working fully remote
- Massive client visibility and autonomy in a multifaceted and strategic role.
- Access limitless growth opportunities: if you have your sights set on becoming a Director of Business Development, this role will be a great stepping stone.
The Nitty Gritty
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of merchants and retailers across categories. You will be responsible for driving growth for their entire affiliate program, fostering strong relationships with partners and strategically expanding their reach through partnerships. A hunger to land business is key, but at this point expansion will also sit with you too. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and execute strategies that drive revenue, increase traffic, and enhance customer acquisition.
How you’ll know you’re a fit
- You have experience working at a publisher steeped in programmatic where a significant component of the company’s revenues are derived from affiliate deals.
- You have excellent existing relationships with partners and a proven track record of successfully sourcing, developing and managing publisher revenue.
- Negotiation is your superpower.
- You’re analytical by nature, and you can make data-driven decisions (content trends, account analysis) that have real-time impact on the business.
- You understand the ins and outs of top-of-the-funnel audience growth.
- Familiarity with affiliate platforms (Rakuten, CJ, Impact Radius, Partnerize, Skimlinks, etc.) is a must.
- Experience creating websites for a mobile-first strategy is crucial.
Level up your career at one of the fastest growing publishers out there. In short, if you do this job right, you’ll have massive impact (and reward) in a very small amount of time.
The Hired Guns does not and will not discriminate in considering and referring candidates for employment, or in its treatment or advancement of its employees, and will not tolerate harassment, on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.