The Hired Guns are seeking a Senior Analyst for the Marketing Analytics division of a huge, marketing-savvy, data-driven organization that will challenge your data expertise like nothing you’ve seen before!
The Nitty Gritty
The backstory on the organization and why they need to hire you!
This professional organization is mobilizing lots of new hires in data and marketing and business intelligence analytics. They have put together separate, dedicated teams for customer acquisition and retention, and you’ll be a shared resource between them, analyzing both the conversion funnel and the website (with some newsletter metrics as well).
The exciting thing about this organization is that their revenue streams — memberships, conferences, events, and educational products — generate loads and loads of tasty data that’s just waiting to be tapped in ways that will drive growth and new business opportunities. That’s why they need you: by developing a streamlined set of standards for marketing reporting under the direction of the marketing and data teams, you’ll deep-dive their massive data mine and use all your powers to pull meaningful business intelligence to the surface.
What success looks like in your first year…
- Identify exactly what’s working and not working, what’s there and what’s missing, in the current data set, data-gathering methodologies, and analytical framework.
- Bring fresh eyes to the organization’s data analysis approach and make it hum.
- Craft biz intel and marketing dashboards to help the content and marketing teams predict trends and map out next steps.
- Streamline search and reporting methods for speed and accuracy.
How you’ll know if you’re a fit…
You started in marketing (or analyzing for marketing), then moved into analytics, but you use your operational knowledge to better connect those reams of data. You’re a bonafide master of Google Analytics 360, Tableau, and Google Tag Manager.
You’ve accomplished enough to share examples of how your multi-channel campaign product analytics made a difference — and learned while doing it, so you can pass on your wisdom.
Tell Me About a Time When …
The interview questions you need to rock to score a “swipe right”…
- Have you ever analyzed multi-channel campaigns to see how different touchpoints contributed to final purchase?
- What behavioral trends have you observed differentiating different product types (software, tangible goods, activities and events, and education)?
- Tell me about a time you observed a gap in a tool set and what your advice or response was.
- What features are your go-to for building a BI dashboard vs. a marketing one?
The Inside Skinny
Why you should quit your job right now and join this organization!
If you’re an unabashed stats geek, this is the biggest pool of data you’ll likely ever get access to short of taking a job at the census or a big box sales department. You’ll never run out of numbers terrain to map down to the coolest nuance.
The Hired Guns does not and will not discriminate in considering and referring candidates for employment, or in its treatment or advancement of its employees, and will not tolerate harassment, on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.