The Hired Guns are seeking a Senior Associate, Data Analytics for a blue-leaning, full-service digital strategy, data, and communications firm with offices in Washington, DC and NYC. If you’ve got the fire (and experience) to parse data from numerous industries and interests — with frequent dips into a progressive itinerary — come join this highly influential leader in the field.
The Nitty Gritty
The backstory on the organization and why they need to hire you!
As the new Senior Associate, Data Analytics at this left-leaning digital services firm, you’ll perform a wide array of projects supporting their entire suite of clients. This will include audience targeting and segmentation, as well as campaign experimentation and optimization. You will work with colleagues to take raw data and develop it into actionable insights.
What success looks like in your first year…
- Develop cutting-edge analytics for end-to-end integration on the most pressing issues in our society. Your work will have a strategic impact on real-world progressive initiatives!
- Study up on the agency’s portfolio of political and corporate clients to gain an understanding of their challenges and strategies. Then dream up ways to use and expand their data sets to develop actionable analyses.
How you’ll know if you’re a fit…
You’re better than good with Excel and definitively great with Tableau. Experience with Python is a big advantage. The most important thing is that you have the ability to put your head down and work in an agile and efficient way. You should also have an understanding of marketing trends and a flair for anticipating what new kinds of analysis will benefit your clients.
You’ve handled multiple projects simultaneously in a team environment before, as an analyst or associate at a marketing agency or political environment with a data-first approach.
You need to believe in progressive causes to do the work effectively, so put on your bluest outfit and wade into the weeds with an eager grin.
Tell Me About a Time When …
The interview questions you need to rock to score a “swipe right”…
- What is your proudest analytical achievement? What sort of data were you looking at, what insights did you draw, and how were those insights used to influence a campaign?
- What is the structure of your current role within your organization? How do you engage with and learn about the strategy of each campaign, and how many campaigns do you normally work on at a time?
- This company is a mission-based organization that focuses on left-leaning political initiatives. What is your interest in or experience with this sort of work?
The Inside Skinny
Why you should quit your job right now and join this organization!
You’ll have a meaningful strategic impact on campaigns that touch on the most important social issues. You will have the resources to look at problems from every possible angle and to take part in campaign innovation that is unique to this front-of-field digital firm. You’ll also have mentorship from great data practitioners who really value the work.
The Hired Guns does not and will not discriminate in considering and referring candidates for employment, or in its treatment or advancement of its employees, and will not tolerate harassment, on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.