The Hired Guns are seeking a Director of E-commerce to drive a broad-spectrum CBD seller into the #1 spot in the digital direct-to-consumer CPG wellness space.
The Nitty Gritty
The backstory on the organization and why they need to hire you!
As the CBD marketplace morphs and changes, this industry leader needs an agile, diversified player-coach for their Director of E-Commerce, someone who has built organic lift and sales through multiple channels — a performance media expert who can convey the brand’s many uses to a diverse customer base from the average Joe to the athlete, across doctor’s offices and health spas.
Direct-to-consumer sales drive this company’s success, so you’ll work hand-in-glove with the company’s president to develop a growth strategy beyond Amazon Marketplace and to optimize a fantastic DTC experience. They need someone who can move the needle at both ends of the sales funnel: more engagements AND more conversions.
What success looks like in your first year…
- Demonstrated success designing and executing on a winning performance media plan covering everything from Paid Search and Paid Social to SEO.
- Developing a diversified strategy with emphasis on a pure-play, direct-to-consumer experience — while ratcheting down Amazon.
- CRM, Loyalty and Subscription Marketing. The ideal hire will know not only how to drive customer acquisition, but also how to turn high-quality customers into loyal subscribers (thereby increasing AOV).
How you’ll know if you’re a fit…
While prior knowledge of the CBD landscape isn’t required, the right candidate is a quick study who may have experience working in a heavily regulated industry and /or is as curious as Alice in Wonderland, eager to go down the rabbit hole of the science, economics, and government regulations surrounding the product.
What you do need is direct-to-consumer experience in volume, with an ability to think outside the big box store. If your DTC was done for a CPG brand, even better. Your performance media expertise is top-notch in organic SEO, paid social, and paid search.
You can live anywhere, but should also be completely psyched to move to Denver, eventually (America’s happiest city!) and take part in the wellness industry’s latest product to actually improve people’s lives.
Tell Me About a Time When …
The interview questions you need to rock to score a “swipe right”…
- Describe your hands-on experience with performance marketing campaigns and their integration with a multichannel e-commerce experience.
- What is your interest in the CBD market? If you don’t have experience, please highlight why you are a person who can get in here and learn it.
The Inside Skinny
Why you should quit your job right now and join this organization!
Are you the e-commerce Einstein this CBD CPG CEO wants to see? If you’re a director, manager, or head of e-commerce, or a director of performance marketing or acquisition marketing and demand generation, apply now!
The Hired Guns does not and will not discriminate in considering and referring candidates for employment, or in its treatment or advancement of its employees, and will not tolerate harassment, on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.